Monday, December 30, 2013

TERRIBLE 2s... TIMES TWO!

Well it's been 6 months since my last post, and as you can imagine it's been a whirlwind! Never a dull day at our house. Having two 2 year olds is unbelievably fun. They amaze me and make me laugh every single day! However, it's not called the "terrible twos" for nothing. I've come to the conclusion that 2 year olds DO NOT SHARE. Although, they'll tell you that they share and they act like they share, but 2 year olds do not share! And we cannot buy just one of ANYTHING. If one kid has it, the other wants it - always! Most of my friends have told me that "if you think 2 is bad, just wait because 3 is worse". I'm beginning to understand this. The closer these kids get to 3, the more gray hairs I have!

Harper & Owen started part-time daycare in June at Primrose school in south OKC. They go Tuesdays and Thursdays and have grown to love it. It amazes me how much they've learned! They're constantly singing new songs, they both know their entire alphabet, and they can count....for the most part :)
This gives me a chance to work for a few hours and have some "me" time.

Mondays & Wednesdays are mommy's days with the kids. We do all kinds of activities (whatever will wear them out) - grocery shop, run errands, play at the park and have play-dates. However, some days we stay home and do nothing - and by 'nothing' I mean I find whatever activity will occupy them for the longest period of time (movies, coloring, painting, reading, playing outside, etc.)  It's really fun and extremely exhausting. Being even a part-time 'stay-at-home mommy' is the toughest job I've ever had!
H & O spend Fridays with O and Papa (my parents) and they look forward to this day all week. I can't imagine why.... O and Papa do NOT know how to say no :)

We had a fun summer with lots of lake trips, an amazing fall - filled with fun outdoor activities & play-dates, and probably the best Christmas to date -- which is normally my favorite time of year, but with toddlers it's even more fun than I imagined! The kids finally LOVE Santa and are beginning to understand what it is all about.

It's been over a year since I quit my full-time job, which is hard to believe. The past year (although it's been challenging at times) has been truly amazing. And I've been fortunate enough to watch my two toddlers learn and grow SO much, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Here are some pictures from the past few months:


SUMMER FUN @ THE LAKE

Golf cart rides are the best! Especially with Mimi






Owen with his buddy Jaxon & Miranda



my lil fishies






The kids LOVE Kristy & Paige
with their new friend Paisley


possibly the only nap they got...




yes the kids are drinking water out of shot glasses :)
cheering on our Sooners!


Owen and Mason

OTHER SUMMER FUN:







popsicles at Grandmere's






Lil DIVA


personal DVD players - best. thing. ever!






H&O with their twin friends - Caine & Allie (and Reese)

first movie - Planes




This girl LOVES to wear mommy's high heels - and can walk in them pretty gracefully
















FABULOUS FALL









pumpkin decorating with Izzy

park play-date with Bentlee


ORR FAMILY FARMS:



H&O with Izzy - so cute! We didn't even prompt them!





Golf cart ride to the park w/Trypp & Bentlee

HALLOWEEN





 HOLIDAY TIME!
made Thanksgiving place-mats with the Lacks









Elf on the shelf PJs



the kids asked Santa for blue & purple snow.... he delivered :)



fun day decorating cookies & ornaments with friends


Top of Mount Scott 



first school pics



Christmas Eve service


had to test out the cookies for Santa




We all had an amazing Christmas. Seeing the kids so excited about Santa and beginning to understand what Christmas is all about makes it magical for us all! 

We're looking forward to an eventful 2014, with the kids 3rd birthday in February and several trips planned (including H & O's first plane ride). The adventure is only beginning!!!






1 comment:

  1. Love love all your pictures. . You and Kyle are Awsone parents to 2 of the sweetest babies. .. We can't wait to go on another golf cart ride with them. ...♥♥♥you all

    ReplyDelete